Creating your own baskets to give as gifts is really easy and fun. You can save money by making them yourself instead of buying them from a trendy store. You could also start a home based gift basket business. You only need a few simple supplies to get started.
Basket (base container)
Clear Cellophane Bag or Basket Wrap
Ribbon (to tie off the bag)
Ribbon (to make a bow)
You don't have to fill your basket with all of the following product suggestions. The suggestions are just to help you with your creative process.
Try to be creative with your bases. Instead of using baskets, you can use: Chip 'N Dip bowls, ice buckets, cleaning buckets, plastic bins, popcorn bowls or for the sportsman themes, try using small tackle boxes and tool boxes.
Now let's get you started with some theme ideas for your gift baskets.
1. Movie Night - 2 movie tickets, 3 bags of microwave popcorn, bonus-sized candy packages, DVD movies
2. Grilling - oven mitts, BBQ apron, seasoning mixes, bottles of marinades, BBQ sauce, small grilling accessories, grilling cookbook
3. Handyman - hammer, screw drivers, wrenches, nails, screws, bolts, washers, measuring tape, honey-to-do list pad
4. Fisherman - fishing hooks, sinkers, flies, bobbers, fishing line, small tackle box, fishing books
5. Grooming - razors, shaving cream, aftershave lotion, cologne, shower gel, soaps, nail grooming accessories, male hair care products
6. Games - poker playing cards, poker chips, dice, score pads, pencils, snacks, handheld electronic games
7. Snacks - potato chips, pretzels, cheese curls, snack mix, popcorn, candy, peanuts
8. Coffee Lover - coffee mug, coffee commuter cup, 2 bags of coffee, coffee shop gift card
9. Meat and Cheese - 3 different sausages, cheeses and crackers
10. Football Fan - Nerf football, chips, pretzels, jar of salsa, jar of cheese sauce, nacho chips, peanuts and a few small items featuring their favorite team.
11. Best Dressed Man - tie, tie tack, cuff links, cologne, watch, wallet, key fob, belt
12. Mexican Night - taco chips, mild salsa, hot salsa, chipotle cheese sauce, jar of hot peppers, can of refried beans, gift card to local Mexican restaurant, bandana
13. Car Care - sponges, drying cloths, cleaning products, steering wheel cover, gift card to local car wash, gift card to local car parts store
14. Traveling Man - toiletries travel bag and travel-sized: shampoo, conditioner, shave cream, razors, after shave, deodorant, shower gel, soaps
15. Dog Lover - dog book, bones, treats, leash, collar, clean-up waste bags, shampoo, dog toys and a disposable camera.
I hope these 15 theme ideas have sparked the creative process in you.
Shelly Hill has been working from home since 1989 in Direct Sales. Shelly enjoys making gift baskets for friends and family. You can visit Shelly online at: http://www.classybusinesswomen.com or at http://wahmshelly.blogspot.com
Article Source: Articlebase.com
Photo Credit: Darren Hester