Apple pies are a wonderful treat that can be enjoyed on all occasions anytime of the year. Most apple pie recipes are quite easy to follow and most beginners can master the apple pie recipe right away. If you aren't experienced at baking from scratch you can easily purchase frozen pie crusts and apple pie filling from your local grocery store. Once you get the hang of making a simple apple pie why not start experimenting? You can try many different things with your apple pie recipes. Apple Crumble Pie, Apple Tarts, Apple Delight Pie are just a couple of the many choices you could use. So start at the beginning and try this wonder apple pie recipe. Its quick, it's easy and I promise you, you and you family will be making this on a weekly basis.
This 30 minute apple pie recipe is quick and easy and a wonderful addidition to your apple pie recipe collection. Take advantage of fresh Granny Smith apples and frozen pie crusts and be enjoying your first slice of this apple pie in 30 minutes.
- 1 frozen deep-dish piecrust
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s)butter or margarine
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 3 pound(s) Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, and/or Gala apples, each cored, peeled, and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemonjuice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. While crust is thawing at room temperature for 15 minutes, mix pecans, flour, and brown sugar in bowl. Work in butter with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork.Bake12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Immediately brush bottom and sides of hot crust with light coating of egg white. Reset oven to 425 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Toss in apples and lemon juice. Cover with waxedpaperand microwave on High 12 minutes, stirring halfway through. Spoon filling into crust. Sprinkle pecan topping over filling.
- Bake pie 10 to 12 minutes or until topping is golden. Cool on wire rack. Serve with vanillaice creamif desired.
I am an apple pie lover and I share my favorite apple pie recipes wit you. See more at Easy Apple Pie Recipes. http://www.easyapplepierecipes.com/
Photo Credit: KEKO64 | Freedigitalphotos.net
Article Source: Articlesbase.com