Ayurvedic remedies are the time-tested procedures that were devised after observing their effect on the body. Ayurveda is an age-old health science that has a history of 5000 yeas in developing. Various learned men in ancient India made certain remedies and processes that were very much applicable in providing cure to a variety of diseases.
All these procedures were made as per the availability of things in the surroundings especially vegetations. They after observing all the actions of a particular herb or a plant applied it to various diseases. Hence a full references and data was generated and then documented in various ancient texts. Some of these texts are Charka Samhita, Susruta Samhita and Ashtaang samgraha.
These three books possess the complete ayurvedic remedies along with the complete references of diseases and their various sign and symptoms. In these texts there is a complete explanation of diseases along with their diagnostic methods. After this there is a complete treatment with single herbs and certain herbal combinations.
Below are certain ayurvedic remedies that are very helpful in treating a number of diseases with the remedies available around us:
· Constipation – for getting relieved from constipation one can use triphala powder three to five grams daily with warm water or hot milk. One more remedy is also very effective in treating constipation. Take castor oil one to two table spoons at night with warm water or milk. This will not only helps in relieving the constipation but will also improve your digestion. You can also take three to five grams of Haritaki powder that is also a good laxative agent.
· Indigestion – ayurveda has lots of remedies that deal in treating indigestion. Mint or pudina paste is very effective in treating all kinds of indigestion. One table spoon of pudina paste helps in relieving from all kind of digestive disorders and a condition of hyperacidity. Cumin seeds are another herbal drug that is very effective in treating indigestion. 8 to 10 seeds with plane water increasing the peristaltic movement and is also very helpful in avoiding the feeling of nausea.
· Arthritis – ayurveda has great herbals remedies in treating arthritis. Ashwagandha is considered as the greatest herb that is very helpful in treating pains and inflammation in any part of the body. 3 to 5 grams of powder of Ashwagandha is taken twice daily with warm water. Guggul is another ayurvedic herb that's immensely used in treating the arthritis. A dose of 3 grams of Guggul is enough to get relived from pains. Various Guggul preparations are available in the market. Some of the Guggul preparations that are used are yoga raja Guggul, mahayograja Guggul, kaishore Guggul, triyodashang Guggul etc. Shallaki is another herb which is very similar to Guggul is also widely used to suppress pain and relive from inflammation.
· Skin problems – whenever there is a talk of skin related problems there is only a single herb that is most extensively used. It is neem or azadirachita indica. This is also known as margosa in common language. 3 to 5 grams of neem powder with cold water or milk is to be taken twice daily. Neem has an antibacterial property that helps in curbing any kind of infections that occurs in the body. Turmeric is another herb that is widely used in skin related problems. It is known as curcuma longa in technical terms is very effective in curing all skin problems. It is antimicrobial agent and helps in purifying blood. Khadir is another herb that is also very good in treating skin problems and irritation. It also relives from allergies and infection. It can be applied locally on the skin as well as can be used orally.
· Ear problem – ayurveda has certain oils and juices that are very effective in curbing ear aches and their various other troubles. Bakuchi tail is a wonderful remedy for treating ear aches and its problems. Even sarso oil is also useful in treating ear problems.
Read more about Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Treatments at http://www.ayurvediccure.com - World's Finest Portal on Ayurveda and Herbal Remedies.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com