How to Use Beetroot for Pink Lips
Who doesn’t like to have pink luscious lips? And if it can come easily with beetroot, so much the better. One of the many home remedies for getting pink lips naturally is to drink beetroot juice. The scientific reason behind this is that beetroot’s coloring pigments, vulgaxanthin and betanin are both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory in nature which help lighten dark or discolored lips and protect them from the harsh rays of the sun. If you too are looking for ways to lighten your lips, use beetroot for pink lips and see the difference.
Why would you choose to use beetroot?
If you’ve ever eaten this vegetable, you know how it stains not just your lips, tongue and teeth a bright pink but your clothes and fingers too. But that’s not all. Beetroot works to clear up the pigmentation of your lips. Besides being natural, it’s also free of chemicals and inexpensive, so why not make the most of it? Beetroot for pink lips, did you say? Sure, why not?
Here are a few ways by which you can use beetroot for pink lips:
- Extract beetroot juice: First, wash the beetroot well and peel it. Grate it over a muslin cloth and extract fresh juice from it, ensuring that it drops into a bowl below. Just like your mouth, this muslin cloth will stain too, so do wash it immediately. Now, use it in the following ways to get pink lips:
- For soft pink lips: Mix a teaspoon of beetroot juice with a tablespoon of fresh cream and massage your lips for a few minutes at bedtime. Next morning, you will find that your lips are pink, plump and pretty. Do this for a week for best results.
- To lighten dark and pigmented lips: Use a beetroot scrub to exfoliate your lips. For this, mix a tablespoon of beetroot juice with a teaspoon of sugar and an equal quantity of lemon juice. Scrub your lips with this using a circular motion. Keep at it for about 10 minutes and wash off with cool water. You will find your dark lips lightened, pigmentation and discoloration reduced and your lips with a pink hue.
- For naturally red lips: For vibrant and luscious red lips with a natural sheen, mix equal quantities of beetroot juice and mint and a few drops of almond oil. Dip a cotton ball into the liquid and dab it onto your lips. Repeat twice during the day and watch for best results. You will find that the beetroot juice gives a rosy red hue to your lips while the mint juice energizes your dull lips and the antioxidants present in mint guards it from the harsh sun rays.
- For bright pink lips: To use beetroot for pink lips, here’s another winning recipe. Combine one tablespoon of beetroot juice with an equal quantity of honey. Wet your lips with a piece of cotton and massage this liquid over your lips. Leave it on overnight. In the morning, you’ll notice your lips turning soft and pinkish. Continue this for a week to get naturally pink lips.
Using beetroot for pink lips is an innovative and inexpensive idea that actually works. Try it and see the difference.
A book worm, fashionable, trendy, blogs about Health and Style. Rohitha loves everything about health, books, beauty, help people to clear their mind and strategies regarding their personal growth. She specializes in giving tips and suggestions about Health, fitness, fashion, skin issues etc. HealthyandStylish.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com