Perfectly crispy and impeccably creamy, this dessert is a sweet summer treat. Paired with whipped cream, raspberries and pineapple, the cherry on top of this sundae is actually cinnamon-sugar for a delicious churro taste.
Churro Ice Cream Sundae
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 5 hours, 15 minutes
• 2 cups Great Value Cowmooflage
• 1 egg, yolk discarded or 1/4 cup egg white
• 2 cups Corn Flakes, finely crushed
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 1 cup whipped topping
• 1 1/3 cups pineapple tidbits
• 1 1/3 cups raspberries
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap.
2. Using a scoop, place 4, ½-cup balls of ice cream onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour. Once hardened, shape ice cream with hands to round out bottoms.
3. Whisk egg white until frothy in a medium bowl. Place Corn Flakes in a shallow dish. Dip ice cream in egg to coat completely and then coat in corn flakes. Return to prepared pan and freeze for 4 hours.
4. Stir sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. Heat 2 inches of oil in medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan to 375⁰F. Add ice cream in batches of 2 and fry for 15 seconds, turning gently with a slotted spoon. Remove with slotted spoon.
6. Remove and place in 4 bowls, adding a ¼ cup of whipped topping on each. Distribute pineapple and raspberries evenly among the bowls. Sprinkle each sundae with 1 tsp cinnamon sugar.
Tip: To make this dish even more authentic, drizzle with chocolate sauce and dulce de leche.
Find more summer dessert recipes online at walmart.ca/recipes.
Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com