Creative Soap Crafts
Soap is a craft that is fun and easy to make. It’s a great project to do with your kids. Simply follow the instructions below and you’ll be on your way to one of your first bars of soap….. where you choose all the soap colors and shapes.
You will need the following materials:
– One bar of color free soap
– Essential oils of your choice
– Food coloring of your choice
– Almond Oil
– Vitamin E Oil (optional)
1. Shred soap in a blender or food processor.
2. Boil a pot of water and put a glass bowl over the pot.
3. Put some almond oil into the bowl.
4. Place the soap into the bowl.
5. Take the water from the pot and pour it into the bowl until the soap changes into paste.
6. Add oils, color, and Vitamin E as you prefer.
7. Let your soap cool in the molds of your choice. (Your mold could be ice cube trays, cookie cutters, or anything else that you might come up with.)
8. Allow the soap to air out on wax paper for a day or two.
Best of luck and be sure to experiment with different colors and shapes for your soap.
GranMamma is the webmaster at the Baby Names Box – http://www.babynamebox.com – Where you can explore thousands of unique baby names and their meanings . Read articles on parenting, family, home and gardening. Be sure to say hi to GranMamma!
Article Posted: August 17, 2007