The skin is the largest part of a human body, but one that is often not considered for being so vital. But its importance means that anything affecting the skin, or causing harm to it, should not be neglected or ignored. Eczema is a condition that can affect the skin, and there are numerous different types of eczema occurring in all people, right from infants to the elderly. So, it is necessary to treat them. Treatment of eczema by home remedies is found to be very effective. Below are listed some of the eczema home remedies that can be used as potential cures. You can try out several types of eczema home remedies to get instant relief from its frustrating symptoms.
* Take a nutmeg and rub it on a smooth stone, along with some drops of water. Formulate a smooth paste out of this mixture, and apply this paste on the affected area for some time. Then rinse it well with water.
* Vitamin E, applied on the infected areas, will provide you with relief from the itching. Vitamin E is said to be a natural phenomenon for the treatment of Eczema, as it will eliminate the different microbes causing the itching and the irritation. But, remember that you should never utilize synthetic Vitamin E on your body, as your body is unable to use it. The synthetic Vitamin E contains "dl" instead of "d" in front of its label- dl-alpha tocopherol.
* Wash your skin with the given solution. Take one teaspoonful of white oak bark, one teaspoonful of comfrey root, 1 teaspoonful of slippery elm bark and two cups of water. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and then boil them for about half an hour. Then you can use this solution to wash the area that is affected by the eczema.
* Get some extract or a lotion of the blueberry leaf. Blueberry leaves contain a natural form of acid in them that assists the decrease of swelling and inflammation in the affected areas. Applying it on a regular basis can help you treat eczema for a long time.
* Use moisturizers or emollients to moisten your skin for a lessening in itching. You should try to moisturize your skin as often as you can, and whenever you can. It is also advisable to use emollient, which is just like a moisturizer but it has fat in it that helps in sealing the moisture in your skin. Therefore, it is advantageous to use it after bathing or showering to fasten the moisture in your body itself.
* Make a mixture by mixing a teaspoon of camphor and a teaspoon of sandalwood paste. Apply this paste on the infected areas.
* Zinc is also found to be effective in treating eczema. Take this orally or apply it on to the skin, in order to see results.
* Wash the affected area with pine tar soap.
* Drinking tomato juice regularly also helps in curing the symptoms.
A good diet for eczema sufferers is essential, but your diet will never be a cause of eczema. Food that you take in may cause allergic reactions, which can worsen eczema, but every precaution should be taken to ensure this does not occur.
Eczema is basically caused by the genes present in the person. If you have allergy or are sensitive to some foods, then it is healthier to steer clear of that food. Or else, these foods may trigger eczema in you. Some foods that are likely to trigger eczema in you are dairy products, preservatives, eggs, citrus fruits and nuts.
by Roshni Poddar - If your suffering from painful eczema and the dry skin look you get because of eczema and you want more information about what causes it…what you can do to stop or prevent it or even just what your different treatments are then this website was written just for you.
Article Source: www.articlebase.com