It doesn't get better than this decadent rich tasting cake.
- 1-1/3 cups - honey, divided
- 1 cup - heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup - unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 oz.) - lady fingers
- 1 quart - chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup - smooth peanut butter
- 1 package (8 oz.) - cream cheese, softened
Press lady fingers, curved side facing out, upright around sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Pack ice cream in even layer into bottom of pan; freeze while preparing peanut butter mixture. In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, cream cheese, and remaining 2/3 cup honey until well blended. Whip remaining 1/2 cup cream until soft peaks form; fold into peanut butter mixture. Spread peanut butter mixture over chocolate ice cream layer in pan. Top evenly with cooled chocolate sauce. Freeze 2-3 hours, or until firm, before serving. To prepare chocolate sauce: In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup honey, 1/2 cup cream, cocoa powder and vanilla. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, over medium heat, until mixture is well blended and smooth. Set aside; cool to room temperature.
Photo Credit: Honey.com
Article Posted: June 25, 2013