The only thing better than making treats with the kids is being able to make them with more natural sources of sugar.
This simple mini cheesecake recipe incorporates frozen fruit into the cake mix for added sweetness — while decreasing the amount of sugar required. This recipe works with any variety Great Value frozen fruit, available exclusively at Walmart, including raspberries, strawberries or mixed berries. At only $0.60 per cake, they're perfect for large family gatherings.
Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 23 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Great Value frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 12 round vanilla wafer cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a blender, purée blueberries until smooth, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, egg, cornstarch and vanilla. With an electric hand mixer, blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl when done.
4. Fold blueberries into the cream cheese mix.
5. Line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners. Place one wafer cookie at the bottom of each muffin cup.
6. Divide cheesecake filling evenly among muffin tins.
7. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until cheesecakes are slightly firm.
8. Remove from oven, allow to cool to room temperature and transfer to refrigerator to cool for at least one hour before serving.
Find more delicious recipes at www.walmart.ca/recipecentre.
Source: (NC) www.newscanada.com