Category Archives: Greenhouse
Many people assume in the winter months that greenhouse growing is off limits, but this is simply not true. There are certainly ways you can have a blossoming greenhouse even during the winter months. Of course, it does require a specific greenhouse or you can choose to grow cool weather plants that do well in the winter months.
Greenhouses provide a warm, humid atmosphere and are home to a variety of different plants and flowers which is why they are a perfect target for insects. There are numerous types of insects which will want to live in your greenhouse and feed off of the wonderful plants and flowers which you have put so much time and effort into maintaining. The information below will provide you with tips and guidelines to follow in order to ensure you are doing everything in your power to ward off any unwanted pests.
The warmer weather brings much more than fair weather gardeners out into the garden and greenhouse. It’s the perfect conditions for pests to thrive and multiply.
Most gardeners will have saved a few seeds over the years. Runner beans are the most likely candidate and one of the easiest seeds to save seed from.
We tend to think of greenhouses as spaces devoted to growing plants, but they have other uses as well. If plants aren’t growing in your greenhouse during these hottest months of the year– or if there’s extra space among plants that are there—why not utilize this sheltered place in other ways?
There are a couple of ways for approaching tomato growing in a greenhouse, you can either dig and prepare the soil of the greenhouse ready to accept the tomato plants or you can grow the plants in a container such as a plant pot (12″ diameter) or growbag.
Strawberries are a highly popular fruit which are often enjoyed during summer. However, when growing strawberries in your greenhouse, there are a number of steps that you will need to follow to ensure that they are provided with everything they need in order to thrive. Here are ten tips for growing strawberries in your greenhouse.
The decision on whether or not to heat a glasshouse resides with the greenhouse owner. A totally unheated greenhouse is unlikely to offer more than minimal protection to overwintering plants and is inadequate to protect frost tender specimens.
Many factors lend themselves to the overall development of your plant life within the greenhouse environment.
Factors like heating, humidity, ventilating system, location for shade, and air circulation are some of the more important. One of the most important things we need to consider is the amount of moisture and the watering required for your plants.
The winter months can often be harsh for us all, but the frost can mostly bite our gardening. Provided that we manage our gardening effectively around the winter months then our plants can not only survive but thrive.
Many homeowners today are interested in gardening and having a greenhouse to either sustain plants over the colder months or to at least grow all of their starter plants for spring planting. The good news is that you can either take a wooden garden shed and modify it to make a greenhouse or you can modify part of the wooden garden shed to make it a mini greenhouse.
All greenhouses are particularly vulnerable to wind damage, and even more so when new. Of course, some models are stronger in the wind, but they are ALL vulnerable to wind damage – EVEN THE VERY STRONGEST MODELS AVAILABLE IN BRITAIN. So we recommend that you take the potential threat of the wind to damage your greenhouse very seriously not just when choosing your greenhouse, but also positioning it, maintaining it and checking it on an ongoing basis.
More and more people are maintaining a greenhouse in their own yards. Most have found it a fulfilling venture, not just to grow plants, but to grow plants well.
Backyards, rooftops, crop production fields, from the Arctic Circle to the equator – almost every climate and environment can benefit from some kind of greenhouse. Controlling the environment in these greenhouses can mean more heat, more shade, supplemental lights, insect screens, etc. But, lets look at some commonsense approaches and basic deciding factors one can use in basic site planning for a greenhouse:
Garden Greenhouse Lights Is Essential On Your Garden Greenhouse
In regards to garden greenhouse lighting, there are actually some crucial things to take into consideration and when you will be one among individuals very few individuals who are in like with the outdoors, then, acquiring a greenhouse garden within your track record is surely an unbelievable thought. In truth, based on some statistical studies, 80% from the those that owned greenhouses inside the United states were nature lovers, whilst the remainder of the 20% mentioned it absolutely was simply for commercial profits.