Diarrhea is often caused by viruses, parasites and bacteria. Diarrhea can lead your body to dehydration and can be a serious condition if it is left untreated. See your doctor if the diarrhea persists more than a few days and make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your system hydrated.
Babies and children should be treated with caution, if they have chronic diarrhea, its best to bring them to see a physician as quickly as possible. You can also give them some Pedialyte to restore the electrolytes in their body.
Here are a few natural remedies to stop you from running to the toilet every few minutes:
1. Eat 1/2 cup plain or blueberry yogurt. (for adults and children not babies.)
2. Drink 8 ounces water with 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir and drink.
3. Eat 1/2 a cup of blueberries. (blueberries kills bacteria.)
4. Cinnamon Ginger tea: 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Stir into boiled milk. Allow to cool to lukewarm then drink. Can make this tea three times a day.
5. Eat a banana. (contains potassium which replenishes the electrolytes.)
6. For adults only. Drink a sports drink like Gatorade, it will help to balance out your electrolytes. (sodium and potassium.) Do not use this remedy if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart disease.
7. Have a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
8. Eat some carrots (3 raw, grated) or eat some starchy foods like potatoes or rice.
9. Eat a bowl of cereal.
10. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with 8 ounces water, drink up to three times a day.
11. Drink carbonated water.
12. Eat a medium size grated peeled apple. (bulks up watery stool.) or a 1/2 cup of applesauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
13. Treat diarrhea with the BRATT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea.
14. Drink a cup of blackberry tea. (drink up to 4 cups a day.)
15. Stay away from coffee, apples juice, alcohol (dehydrating), milk, natural sweeteners such as Sorbital, spicy and fried foods until the symptoms clear up.
Pioneerthinking.com - Ingredients for a Simple Life.