Read this article to know the top user recommended Home Remedies for Toothache. First of all we will discuss what is Toothache and what are the possible causes of Toothache?
Toothache generally means pain around the teeth or jaws. The severity of a toothache can vary from chronic and gentle to sharp and unbearable. The pain may be aggravated by chewing or by cold or heat.
The toothache gets worse over time if left untreated as the inner pulp can become infected. The second most common cause of toothache is gum disease. Toothache or tooth pain is caused when the nerve root of the tooth is irritated.
In the majority of cases, toothaches are caused by tooth or jaw problems like dental cavities, cracked tooth, an exposed tooth root, gum disease, disease of the jaw joint (temporo-mandibular joint), or spasm of the muscles used for chewing.
The most common cause of a toothache is a dental cavity also known as tooth decay or tooth caries. Dental decay is when bacteria in your mouth break down the tooth enamel. Holes (cavities) in the tooth build up, exposing the nerves underneath.
If left untreated, the pulp inside your tooth will die and become infected. This will lead to an abscess forming, causing a harsh and continuous throbbing pain. Eating or drinking something that is very hot or cold may also give you toothache because it touches the nerves in the pulp.
Home Remedies for Toothaches:
1) Asafetida is ground into a paste in lemon juice. This is then slightly warmed. A cotton pad is dabbed in the solution and applied on the tooth cavity. This is a very quick method to relieve the ache and is also good Home Remedy for Toothache.
2) A very simple Home Remedy for toothache is to mix some pepper powder with common salt and rub this mixture onto the teeth. Doing this daily will also prevent any toothache troubles as well as dental cavities.
3) Mix a pinch of pepper in clove oil. Put this oil straightly into the cavity to stop toothache.
4) Garlic is one of the most effective Home Remedies for Toothache is garlic. A clove of garlic with a little rock salt should be placed on the affected tooth. It will relieve the pain and, sometimes, may even cure it. A clove should also be chewed daily in the morning.
5) Drops of vanilla extract on the affected tooth are an effective remedy.
6) A paste of the bark of bay berry should be made with vinegar. This paste, applied on the affected tooth, will reduce the toothache. It can also be applied beneficially on the gums for strengthening them. This is one of the effective Home Remedy for Toothache.
7) Toothache pain is often relieved by placing a small piece of onion on the bad tooth or gum, since onion has antibacterial properties that kill the germs in the mouth.
8) One of the best known Home Remedies for Toothache relief is the good old clove. Clove reduces the pain as it has antiseptic properties and clove oil, applied on the painful tooth, can ease toothache pain fairly quickly. If you don’t have clove oil grind a clove and apply the powder on the affected area. The tooth cannot be cured, but the clove will give you relief from pain.
9) Melt 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and use this mixture as a mouth wash.
Dr James Sameul is an Ayurvedic doctor having years of experience in the field of Ayurveda and Alternative medicine. Find out more Home Remedies for Toothache at http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/ He has an exclusive website on Home Remedies for various diseases. You can also contribute to the Home remedies by visiting the website.
Photo Credit: © Pioneerthinking.com
Article Source: Sustainable Living Articles