Delicious Alfredo Sauce, Quick and Easy!
There is nothing more delicious or warming then a hot bowl of pasta smothered in delicious Alfredo sauce. No matter what Italian restaurant you go to, the recipe is always different but always so very good! When you have a hankering for a creamy pasta dish but do not have the will or desire to dine out, it is possible to make this amazing sauce at home easier and faster than you ever imagined - not to mention this great sauce can be used in a variety of different recipes the whole family will love!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz. packaged cream cheese
- 6 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- In a non-stick sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Once melted, add cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir using a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add milk, little splashes at a time, while whisking to eliminate any lumps.
- Add in Parmesan and pepper until well blended.
- Continue to heat until sauce reached desired consistency. Sauce will quickly thicken the longer it is heated.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly and add to cooked pasta.
Now that you know how to make the sauce, we have a few recipes to help you get started!
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1 cup chopped chives or scallions
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a shallow, 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Wash and prepare potatoes, slicing thinly with the skins on.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese for topping
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheddar cheese, Alfredo sauce, milk, chives (or scallions), nutmeg and cayenne. Mix well.
- Spoon potato mixture into the casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove baking dish from oven and remove foil. Sprinkle with reserved cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven without the foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the sauce is bubbling. Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
With these great recipes, it is only a matter of time before your home becomes the "go to" house for parties and special events!
If you like this recipe about how to make Alfredo sauce, you are going to love HippsHelp.com! While we publish plenty of DIY tips, we also feature the most delicious recipes on the Internet! To visit our website, please click here. http://hippshelp.com/how-to-make-alfredo-sauce/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com