Hollywood skin care specialist Christopher Watt, who beautifies such movie stars as Halle Berry and Jennifer Lopez, recommends a two-week wedding beauty regimen he created using real honey.
"Most people don't realize that pure honey has many benefits for all skin types," says Watt. "Honey soothes the skin because it moisturizes while exfoliating. This combination creates smoother skin for makeup application."
Watt's "honey mask" recipe should be applied three times a week for two weeks prior to the big day.
Makes 2 treatments
- 1 Tablespoon chamomile tea
- 1 Tablespoon green tea
- 2 Tablespoons bentonite or kaolin clay*
- 2 Tablespoons aloe vera (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops arnica oil
1. Steep chamomile and green tea separately -- set aside to cool.
2. In rubber mixing bowl, blend bentonite clay, chamomile tea and green tea into cake batter consistency. Discard any remaining tea.
3. Blend in aloe vera and honey.
4. Add rosemary and arnica essential oils and slowly stir until all ingredients are completely mixed.
5. Using fan brush or fingers, apply mask to clean face and neck. Allow mask to set for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Remove with tepid water and facial sponges. Pat dry and apply appropriate moisturizer.
* Items are available in most health food stores or herb shops or by going online.
For more information about honey varietals, food and beauty recipes and tips visit honey.com. Or, to find a locally produced or specialty honey, visit honeylocator.com.
Article Source: ARAcontent