Jerky makes a delicious snack for the whole family and a great gift for friends. It's always nice to have some great jerky recipes to prepare.
I've listed 4 jerky recipes you can try at home:
1. Venison Jerky
- 2 lb Venison
- 1 c Soy sauce
- 1 t Lemon juice
- 1/2 t Black pepper
- 1/4 t Garlic
- Cut the venison in strips approximately 1/4 x 1 x 8-inches.
- Mix all ingredients and marinate venison approximately 10 hours turning once every hour.
- Smoke venison on grill until completely dry or you may use oven on low heat with venison spread out on broiler pan.
2. Deer Jerky
- 3/4 C soy sauce
- 1 C worcestershire sauce
- 3 T kosher salt
- 2 T crushed black peppercorns
- 2 T graham marsala
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T onion powder
- 2 t Prague Powder #1
- Combine in a blender, mix with sliced beef or venison in a white trash bag (in a metal container so you don't create a mess!).
- Refrigerate 24-36 hours, mixing occasionally. Dry about 15 hours at 125'F.
3. Deer Jerky
- 1 1/2 To 2 lbs lean boneless deer meat, partially frozen
- 1/4 c Soy sauce
- 1 tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 ts Ground pepper
- 1/4 ts Garlic powder
- 1/4 ts Onion powder
- 1/4 ts Hickory smoked salt
- 1/4 c Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 sm Bottle liquid smoke
- Trim all fat from the meat. Slice the meat as thinly as possible.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add the meat and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Shake the excess liquid from the meat and arrange in a shallow pan or cookie sheet.
- Dry the meat in a 150F or 200 degree F oven until dry and brown, a minimum of 8 hours.
- Cool, remove from the pan, and store in a glass jar.
4. Chinese Beef Jerky
- 3 lb Flank steak - or London broil
- 1/2 c Light soy sauce
- 4 1/2 tb Honey
- 4 1/2 tb Dry Sherry
- 6 lg Garlic cloves - minced
- 1 1/2 tb Ginger - fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 tb Sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tb Red pepper - crushed dash freshly ground white pepper
- Cut meat in half lengthwise and slice diagonally crosswise into paper-thin strips 1-1/2 to 2 inches wide and 4 inches long.
- Transfer to shallow pan.
- Combine marinade ingredients and rub thoroughly into meat.
- Arrange meat on racks and let dry at cool room temperature overnight (do not refrigerate).
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Line two large baking sheets with foil and set wire rack(s) on top of each.
- Arrange meat on racks in single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 175 F and continue drying meat another 40 minutes (meat should be lightly browned but not burned).
- Let meat continue to dry on racks at cool room temperature overnight before packing into jars.
- Dried meat can be brushed lightly with sesame oil for additional flavor and shine.
Makes 36 pieces or 10 buffet servings.
Want more recipes? You welcome to visit our website: The Recipes Package and Affordable Pasta Salad Recipes for more delicious recipes.
Article Source: Ezinearticles.com