The cleaning process is a part of maintenance of your daily used cookware and other related equipment. With dishwashers, powerful washing liquids and other chemical methods available, cleaning is not only easy but convenient as well. It is a misconception started by advertisements that durable metals like aluminum and stainless steel do not require much maintenance. Every type of kitchenware requires a certain type of cleaning after a certain time.
Some tips which might help you through the cleaning process are discussed below.
• Unlike what is believed by common people, non-sticky coatings can be scratched, if a sharp tool is used, hence it is recommended to use wooden utensils ( like spoons) for rough usage which might happen while preparing certain dishes.
• Wash pans, pots and cookware with normal tap water once in a while. After washing, dry them with a dry cloth.
• Cleaning after use is fine, but allow most types of cookware to cool or come to room temperature (unless you are cleaning burnt pans and pots) before you start washing as sudden temperatures changes may affect some cookware adversely.
• For aluminum cookware, try not to use them in dishwashers or keep them in soapy water for a long time as this may assist discoloration.
• Lemon based washing powder or liquid works best with stainless steel cookware. The mirror finish will be more with proper and regular cleaning
• Stainless steel cookware can be washed in a dishwasher (read the manufacturer's note on this).
• Never use chlorine bleach for any kind of stainless steel cookware
• You can use vinegar to clean stains which get formed occasionally on a stainless steel cookware.
• Usage of steel scrubs which is common in hotels is not recommended as it causes scratching.
• Cast iron cookware should be washed with mild cleaning liquids or detergents, and like aluminum do not wash cast iron cookware in a dishwasher.
• Clay cookware should be soaked in water after you buy them to remove clay dust which may stick to its outer layer.
• Dry all types of cookware to avoid discoloration, stains and to have general hygiene and cleanliness.
Lastly, basic care and maintenance should be done in accordance to the instruction manual given by the manufacturer.
Instead of buying cookware from stores, you can opt for buying the same type of good quality and durable cookware online. Using bookcookwarenow.com is recommended for this purpose.