Are you self-conscious about your oily skin? Does your oily skin always give you a drab appearance no matter how well you dress up? If your answer is an emphatic "yes", then you just need to get rid of your oily skin. Although oily skin is nature's gift to many, oily skin can also make you look grimy and wishy-washy. Oily skin is the result of over secretion of oils by oil glands that are present beneath the skin's surface. The oil secreted from these glands helps keep the skin soft, thus minimizing the signs of aging and protecting the skin against certain skin conditions. Nevertheless, problems arise when these oil glands become hyperactive and ooze more oil. Excess oil secretion can be due to many reasons including hereditary factors, hormonal imbalance, poor hygiene, bacterial infection, etc. However, there are several home remedies available to manage oily skin problems. To learn more about these home remedies for an oily face, read on.
Home Remedies For Oily Face
- Aloe vera gel is known to be good for oily skin. Regular application of aloe vera helps keep away acne and pimples by absorbing excessive skin oil.Take one tablespoon of sandalwood powder and one tablespoon rose water. Make a paste with these two ingredients and apply it to your skin to control your over active oil glands.
- Lemon juice works great in controlling excess skin oil. Soak a cotton ball in lemon juice and wipe your face gently with it. Leave it on for one or two minutes and then rinse your face well. Doing this daily will help your face to remain oil free.
- Make a face pack with one tablespoon of oatmeal, one tablespoon honey, and one tablespoon lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your face and allow it to dry for 4-5 minutes. When you start to feel your face tightening, rinse it off.
- You can use different face masks to reduce the oiliness of your face skin. Clay masques and Fuller's Earth are particularly good for oily faces. Make a paste of one tablespoon Fuller's Earth with two tablespoon rose water and apply the mix to your face. Leave the mix on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Alcohol based skin toners help control your skin oil and at the same time tone up your facial skin. Dab a cotton ball with an astringent and wipe your face gently with it. Alcohol helps keep your skin dry and you'll look fresh throughout the day.
- Beat one egg white in one tablespoon of lemon juice and honey and apply this mixture on your face, leaving the circles around the eyes. Wash it off with water after 10-15 minutes.
- Mix two tablespoons of green clay with two drops of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of plain yogurt, and two drops of lavender oil. Add rose water to the mixture, to make a paste. Apply the paste all over the face and neck, leaving the skin around the eyes. Let it dry. Now, rinse with lukewarm water. Your skin will feel super fresh after this home treatment.
- A paste made from ripe tomatoes is also very good in controlling excessive skin oil.
- Avoid binging on fried foods.
- Add lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body system clean.
- Always use water based makeup and oil free moisturizers.
- Avoid drinking beverages like tea, coffee, and aerated drinks often.
Hair removal tips
Photo Credit: sixninepixels | Freedigitalphotos.net
Article Source: Articlesbase.com