Tender shreds of spicy pork are even more delicious when soaked in the recipes hot pepper vinegar sauce. A great variation of pulled pork that will please many afficionados.
For the rub
* 2 tablespoons paprika
* 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon chilli powder
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston butt), 4 to 5 pounds
For the sauce
* 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 3/4 cup white vinegar
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* Salt and pepper
* Hamburger Buns
* Coleslaw (optional)
* To make the rub: In a small bowl combine all rub ingredients. Rub mixture over pork roast, pressing into surface.
* Place pork in centre of cooking grate. Grill 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours for well-done (170° F/77° C), or until very tender. Remove meat from grill; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
* Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a medium saucepan combine apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, hot pepper sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Keep warm.
* Shred, chop, or "pull" pork into shreds with two forks. Add hot pepper vinegar sauce; mix well. Serve on buns with extra sauce and coleslaw, if desired.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Pull the pork into small chunks/strips and add a good handful on the base of the bun. Next add a good slathering of your favorite BBQ sauce on top of the pulled meat. Try adding a little at first so it doesn't swamp the flavor of the vinegar sauce, and then place a good sized portion of coleslaw on top the sauced pork, place the top bun on and enjoy.
If you are keen on BBQ, then you may like to check out the Weber Smokey Mountain cooker at Barbecue Party, where you will find daily updated BBQ news, competition schedules, product reviews, helpful guides, hundreds of delicious BBQ recipes, and restaurant reviews, as well as a BBQ store that stocks smokers and grills from dozens of popular manufacturers.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com