A tubal or ectopic pregnancy happens an egg that has been fertilized implants itself somewhere outside of the uterus, typically in the fallopian tubes. This is a very serious condition that is fatal for the embryo and can be life threatening for the mother, especially if the tube ruptures and causes extensive bleeding. During early tubal pregnancy some women experience many symptoms, but others have no signs at all. Ectopic pregnancies are often referred to as "tubal pregnancies."
Ectopic pregnancy symptoms are mostly similar to the symptoms of a normal pregnancy. If you have the normal symptoms such as tender breast, nausea, frequent urination, missed periods, or vomiting along with the above mentioned ectopic pregnancy symptoms, the likelihood of the pregnancy being ectopic are very high.
Ectopic Pregnancy Symptoms
The most common tubal pregnancy symptoms are:
- The first sign of ectopic pregnancy is a sudden pain on one side of the stomach.
- If you are pregnant and if you get pain in your shoulder while you are inhaling or exhaling, the chances of your having an ectopic pregnancy are very high.
- If you experience pain while using the bathroom, there is a strong likelihood that your pregnancy is ectopic.
- If your periods are unusual and/or if you have an abnormal vaginal discharge with a strange color, likelihood of ectopic pregnancy is high.
- The other tubal pregnancy symptoms are pale complexion, diarrhea, collapse, sickness, low blood pressure, light-headedness and an increase in the pulse rate.
- Abdominal pain (especially one-sided and/or low)
- Late or missed period (although a woman can start experiencing the symptoms of the ectopic before she misses a period)
- Vaginal bleeding
- Tissue passage from the vagina (the woman should try to save any passed tissue so the doctor can analyze it)
- Pregnancy symptoms
- Dizziness and fainting (because of the loss of blood)
- Shoulder pain (the blood irritates the diaphragm; the diaphragm s nerves are felt in the shoulder)
- Heart racing
- Bloated and hard abdomen
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com