Liver detoxification is related with the function to help and support the liver in many functions to improve the process of digestion and your overall health.
There are different functions of the liver -
1. Carbohydrate metabolism - The function of the liver is to maintain the levels of glucose in our blood. If the level of blood glucose is high then it changes the glucose to glycogen. When the level of glucose in our blood is too low then the liver breaks down glycogen into glucose.
2. Fat (lipid) Metabolism: It stores some neutral fats which are known as triglycerides.
3. Protein Metabolism: Liver is an essential organ in performing the function of protein metabolism.
4. Liver detoxification of drugs and hormones: It performs an important function of liver detoxification as well as excretion of drugs like penicillin and antibiotic.
5. Excretion of bile - Bile is an excretory product and it is also helpful for the purpose of digestion. This function is also associated with liver.
6. Creation of bile salts: It performs an important function of creation of bile salts as it is essential for the breakdown and digestion of fats into smaller molecules for the body to use it.
7. Storage: Liver is said to be quite a storage vessel.
8. Breakdown of old cells: Old red blood cells, white blood cells and some bacteria are broken down by the liver.
9. Activation of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is very essential for strong bones and liver, skin and kidneys are involved in this process to activate vitamin D.
There are many herbal remedies for liver detox, which are responsible for increasing the flow of bile.
1. Milk thistle: It is a primary ingredient which is used in many herbal liver detoxification supplements. It consists of one active constituent flavanolignans, collectively which is called silymarin. This is responsible for protecting liver cells from damage and death of a cell due to chemical toxins.
2. Artichoke (Cynara Scolymus): It is another common and important ingredient in liver detoxification supplements. Several benefits are associated with this ingredient.
3. Dandelion Root (Taraxacum Officinale): This herb is very helpful and effective for proper functioning of liver and kidney. Its roots are better for proper functioning of the liver and its leaves are very effective in proper functioning of kidney. It is a common and effective ingredient in liver detoxification remedies. It increases the production of bile which helps in the process of digestion.
Find effective Liver Support Supplements. Also know Hair Loss Remedy. Read information about Acidity Treatment.
Photo Credit: rollingroscoe
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com
Article Posted: April 25, 2012