The sweet, crunchy taste of watermelon pairs well with full-bodied vinegar in this otherwise traditional Greek salad.
Makes 6 one-cup servings.
- 3 cups kale, chopped fine
- 2 cups diced watermelon, seeded
- 2 cups peeled and diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, cut in halves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- serving grated pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a large bowl, add kale, watermelon, cucumber, onion and olives.
2. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, mint and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly. Top with feta cheese. Serve.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 193
Fat per serving: 14.4g
Saturated fat per serving: 4.5g
Cholesterol per serving: 18mg
Fiber per serving: 3.2g
Protein per serving: 4.5g
Carbohydrates per serving: 11g
Recipe and photo courtesy of Watermelon.org.