This day marks the 20th anniversary of Pioneerthinking.com. To celebrate the day, I have put together 20 facts about the site.
One of my favorite quotes that has help to guide the site:
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.” ~ William Henry Channing
1. Pioneerthinking.com was created July 1, 1999, that’s 20 years ago! Time sure flies when you are having fun. 🙂
2. Pioneer Thinking was the ORIGINAL Pioneer on the internet next to Pioneer Electronics!
3. The website was created by me, Tammy Pilon. A wife and mother to three amazing sons, and two grandchildren. I am the sole person who runs the site.
4. The original statement for The Creation of Pioneerthinking.com in 1999: “As you know we live in a day where we are working long hours, feeling stressed at work and not having much time to spend with our families or even our selves for that matter. This is why Pioneer Thinking was created. I was reminiscing about how my mother would make her own preservatives, homemade pies and always took the time to have a hot homemade meal on the table. Things sure have changed now that I am a mother. My kids get excited when they find homemade oatmeal cookies in their lunch instead of the convenient jello puddings. That got me to thinking I really should go back to basics in my life. Such as making my own baby food, not only is it healthier but it is far more cheaper. I also believe that by going back to basics in other areas such as recycling, composting, saving your own seeds etc will help us protect this earth. My whole dream is to be able to give my children and all of the children of the world, what I had as a child. A beautiful earth to live on. Thanks for taking the time to visit Pioneer Thinking, come back often as new tips will be added regularly.”
5. The name Pioneerthinking.com came to me in a dream. So I went with it. It suited my character as I enjoy some of the history of the past, the strength of Pioneers, and my own family background that consisted of natural medicine, farming, organic home gardens, homemade preservatives and cooking.
6. Many many companies have tried to acquire the website over the years, but I would not sell it to another who didn’t have similar goals and direction for the company.
7. Pioneerthinking.com is dedicated to natural living.
8. Hundreds of natural beauty, cooking recipes and tips was created by Pioneerthinking.com and was featured in numerous magazines. PT was also included in many books, newspapers, and linked to thousands upon thousands of websites over the years.
9. Pioneerthinking.com once had a massive forum where everything under the stars was discussed, from politics to homemade beauty and even an online general store.
10. In the beginning, PT’s newsletters were mailed out to each subscriber by hand, until the list reached 5000 subscribers then had to use a commercial software after that.
11. We were in the November 2002 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine for our amazing perfume recipes (was quite the honor!) – https://www.oprah.com/food/party-planning-made-easy/all
12. The business has been worked on every single day. No days off. That’s a total of 7, 300 days of love and dedication.
13. PT has won many awards from peers and the business community.
14. Pioneerthinking.com’s paper making article is included in the Library of Congress in the United States.
15. Pioneerthinking.com has undergone numerous website and logos changes over the past 20 years.
16. My most memorable reader comment was quite touching to my heart. It was from a man, a father who lived in the countryside with his wife and children. He felt inadequate at the time for not being able to give the children a life of luxury until he visited PT and discovered that he had indeed given his children more than money can buy. He gave them fresh air, home grown organic foods from their garden, and gave them the ability to be connected to nature on a daily basis. He then knew that what he had was what a lot of city folk was striving to have in their lives. Their lives were pretty ideal after all.
17. PT has received thousands of comments from global readers. Kuddos, tips, recipes and love. I appreciate them all.
18. Pioneerthinking is all over the social media world. You can find us on
19. PT has a weekly newsletter, and a daily quote sent directly to your email.
20. Pioneerthinking.com has had over 140 million visitors, and to each and every one of you, I thank you.
20 years of creating this incredible website has not only helped to teach millions of people, it has also helped me. Thank you for your continued support throughout the years, without you, this site would not exist.
Strive to be free of all the hustle and bustle of today’s society. Expand your wings and explore who you “really are”. Take on jobs that reflect your inner spirit as stress wasn’t meant to envelope your life. Always remember your voice counts and your actions always makes a difference. Living a natural life is truly a simple idea. You don’t need to be a scholar to know what our ancestors knew all along. We need to eat food that hasn’t been altered with chemicals, we are all beautiful creations already, we don’t need to spend all of our time, money and energy trying to become the “IMAGE” of today. We need to feed our minds with knowledge and never stop learning, we need to love and respect our surroundings and have respect for all life no matter how small it may be. We are all here for a short time, to make a difference.
Hope you have a beautiful day! Until we meet again, happy trails. ~ Pioneerthinking.com