Avocado margaritas are just another testament to everything this fruit can do. The creamy avocados will give your go-to summer drink a rich, smoothie texture, while the lime, tequila and orange liquor will keep it tasting like the margaritas you love.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) salt
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 avocado from Mexico, cubed
- 2/3 cup (180 mL) lime juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) white tequila
- ½ cup (125 mL) Cointreau
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) agave syrup (or honey)
- 1½ cups (375 mL) ice
- Lime wedges and slices of watermelon radish (for optional garnish)
- On a work surface, run a lime wedge around the rims of four glasses and dip them in salt.
- In a blender, combine avocado with lime juice, orange juice, tequila, Cointreau, syrup and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into glasses and serve. Garnish with lime wedges and slices of watermelon radish, if desired.
source: (NC) www.newscanada.com