The Chicory is rich in minerals and vitamins which produces a tonic and a diuretic effect. Generally the roots of the chicory plant are thick and long to use it as a coffee substitute. At first these chicory roots are dried well. Then later, they are roasted and then grounded. This grounded chicory powder can be used instead of the coffee powder which has more caffeine content in it. The chicory coffee contains a roasted flavor.
Benefits of Chicory:
- The important advantage of using the chicory is that, a small quantity is enough to make several cups of coffee and the chicory is more water soluble than the regular coffee.
- You can obtain many health benefits by using the chicory coffee. Thus by adding some chicory to your daily diet, so that you can obtain more benefits to avoid the unwanted caffeine content.
- Use it as a coffee substitute. Regular intake is believed to soothe and calm a stressful person.
- It is also used to improve the liver, cleanse the blood and can cure most of the digestive ailments such as constipation and diarrhea.
- Nowadays, there are many chicory coffee brands available in the market which offers the different types of blends and flavors.
Chicory Coffee Recipe:
The chicory coffee recipe can be easily prepared and it includes some important steps to be followed.
- At first, get the chicory roots during the autumn season. Then wash it well with pure water and mince the roots, spread it in the baking trays.
- Place it in an oven to dry it over night in a very low temperature because only this kind of low temperature can preserve all the vitamins and minerals for your benefit.
- After drying, try to grind it in a coffee grinder and store the chicory in an airtight containers. Now, you can add it to the regular coffee.
- Just add and test the recipe, until you get the perfect blend. Then the chicory can be used instead of the coffee blend for all your favorite recipes like coffee biscuits and coffee cakes.
The Chicory Coffee Taste:
The Chicory coffee has a sweet and nut like smell which tastes good. Its also delicious without milk or sugar. The Chicory is caffeine free and it reduces the caffeine intake for the coffee consumption.
You can even add an half a teaspoon of fresh ginger with the chicory coffee, it will be more tastier than the regular coffee. Until now there are no serious side effects with the chicory plants, so it is an excellent gift for friends, family or even clients who has never tasted the chicory coffee. So, you can try this ancient liver tonic and liver protector which is purely harmless.
Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee is the registered trade description for the coffee grown in the deep rural Blue Mountains of Jamaica. This coffee is noted all over the world for its distinctive aroma, mild flavor and lack of bitterness. Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee is widely revered as the world’s best coffee.
Photo. Ylanite Koppens