Grill Up a Decadent Dessert for Breakfast
When cooking up a storm on the grill this summer, don’t limit yourself to traditional burgers and sausages. Think outside the box with the endless possibilities for family barbecues (you can even barbecue in the morning), like this mouth-watering grilled peach, apricot and sweet ricotta layered “bread pudding.” Packed with the finest fruity flavors, this dish is the perfect breakfast treat or a delightful after-dinner dessert. Sweet and zesty flavors fuse with creamy ricotta cheese for a decadent dessert you’ll want to take on all your adventures.
Grilled Peach, Apricot and Sweet Ricotta Layered “Bread Pudding”
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 75 ML Egg Creations Whole Eggs Original
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 18% cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 ripe peaches (halved and pitted)
- 2 ripe apricots (halved and pitted)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 loaf unsliced egg bread or brioche
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- Mix Egg Creations vanilla, cinnamon, cream, buttermilk and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Mix remaining sugar with ricotta and set aside.
- Toss peach and apricot in oil and place on the grill at 350⁰F for approximately six minutes. Remove and keep warm under aluminum foil.
- Place six 2-inch slices of bread on grill until lightly toasted on both sides. Dip each slice into egg mixture to absorb the liquid, then remove using a slotted turner while letting any excess drain.
- Place back on the grill and cook until both sides are grilled. Remove and cut bread slices in half to make triangles.
- Divide among plates and layer each serving with ricotta mixture. Finish off by garnishing with chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey.
Tip: Egg Creations make for the perfect camping trip essential because you can freeze the carton and use it as an ice-pack in your cooler.
Find more tasty summertime recipes at www.burnbraefarms.com.