Gum Inflammation Treatment and Home Remedies for Toothache
Inflammation of the gums, bleeding gum, gum infections and increased sensitivity of the gums and teeth are symptoms that may alert you to gingivitis and/or other oral diseases that indicate a need to seek professional help.
It is not something you should let go. Untreated gum disease and infection is linked not only to tooth loss, but also severe problems such as heart disease and stroke.
If you see the dentist about this you will hear a suggestion about antibiotics or surgery.
Gingivitis, the most common form of periodontal disease, is characterized by inflammation, swelling, and bleeding of the gums. The gums, or gingivae, are the visible soft tissue surrounding the teeth.
Both the gums and the underlying periodontal ligament contain many tiny blood vessels, which nourish the teeth. Thus, when the gums become inflamed, even slight pressure may produce bleeding.
Gum is a tissue of the jaws that surrounds the bases of the teeth. Any type of swelling, infection or soreness is known as gum diseases. The gums become tender in form and often bleed while brushing. Plaque is the main cause for all kinds of gum diseases.
Adequate brushing and flossing is required get rid of gum diseases.
Smoking can be a cause for progression of gum diseases. People who smoke are likely to produce bacterial plaque. Smoking causes lack of oxygen to the bloodstream thus it prevent the infected gums to heal.
Regular tooth brushes can remove plaque. It is the most effective way to prevent cavity. Dental flossing can prevent gum inflammation. Clean between your teeth with the dental floss. It can remove plaque by scrubbing it off the surface of your teeth.
Even though gum inflammation is common, you should not ignore it. You may not develop periodontitis, a severe gum disease. However, the inflammation breaks down gum tissue.
Home Remedies for Toothache
1. Clove oil is often used as an effective remedy against pain from toothaches and it also works like a disinfectant. This is why it is used as an ingredient in almost every toothpaste till date. Simply apply some clove oil directly on to the tooth or area of the gums that is afflicted with pain.
2. According to some traditionalists, chewing the leaves from a guava tree can also help relieve the pain of a toothache.
3. You can also try using a garlic clove to treat the pain, by simply placing it over the affected site and chewing on fine bits of garlic. You could also add some garlic to your food if you prefer.
4. Prepare a mixture with a pinch of pepper powder and 1/4th teaspoon of common salt and apply it over the aching tooth for relief.
5. It is also believed that chewing on fresh leaves of spinach can help reduce gum inflammation and treat gum decay. Make sure you wash the spinach well however.
6. Wheatgrass juice is another widely publicized natural treatment for dental problems and can be used as a mouthwash.
7. A simple application of an ice pack over the cheeks is also a surefire way to reduce the pain.
8. Raw onions are often consumed along with meals in some parts of the world and it is believed that chewing on a raw onion can help treat the problem as it kills bacteria. Be warned however that this may leave an unpleasant odor.
Read more on Home Remedies for Gum Inflammation and Home Remedies for Gout and Herbal Home Remedies.
Article Source: Articlebase.com