Families are always looking for new ways to celebrate and spend time together. Why not start your weekend off on the right foot with a little family time in the kitchen over a delicious hot breakfast?
Cooking in the kitchen is a great activity for families, including children of all ages. Consider the following ways you can get your children up and out of their nests each morning for fun family time together over a delicious breakfast:
* Little children – The youngest members of the family are excellent ingredient mixers and are really good at decorating the table. Give them a craft project to create a table placemat for each plate, or teach them how to fold the napkins in a pretty way.
* Older children – If you have kids in elementary school, ask them to put their math skills to use in measuring ingredients for the meal. They can also pour the milk or juice drinks and put the finished breakfast meal on a plate in a decorative way for serving at the table.
* Teenagers – Ask your teenagers to be responsible for cooking the food. Anything dealing with the stove or oven is their responsibility, and they should also keep an eye out for younger siblings getting too close.
* Parents – You are the overseers of the entire kitchen project. You get to determine the final menu, and make certain that all the breakfast foods will be prepared for serving at the same time so everyone can sit down and enjoy the meal together.
Once the food is ready and plated, have everyone sit down at the table together to enjoy the creation. Soon it will become a tradition that you celebrate your weekend breakfasts together as a family, creating fun memories for everyone.
As you begin your family breakfasts together, try the following fun recipe your kids will love. Hungry Jack Hashbrowns are used to create nests, with some eggs and cheese in the middle for a creative spring-themed breakfast dish. Hungry Jack Hashbrowns are ready to use, fully seasoned and cook perfectly crispy every time. They are made of 100 percent Idaho potatoes and do not require refrigeration. This recipe also can be used for a brunch if you are having company over.
Hashbrown Nests with Eggs
- 1 carton (4.2 ounces Hungry Jack Original Hashbrown Potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 slices American cheese (each slice cut into four quarters)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425 F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray. Fill hashbrowns carton to fill line with hot water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain very well. Transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl and mix in the oil. Scoop potatoes into each muffin cup, forming a nest. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Beat eggs in a mixing bowl. Heat a large non-stick skillet. Melt the butter in the pan, and gently cook eggs over low heat, stirring constantly and breaking up any large curds. Cook eggs for 5 minutes, or until creamy and soft enough to easily scoop with a spoon. Season to taste with salt. Place two small cheese squares in the potato-lined muffin cup and top with about a tablespoon of the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle each muffin cup with bacon bits. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Gently run a butter knife around the edge of each muffin cup, to loosen. Allow nests to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and serve.
Source: (BPT) Brandpointcontent.com