The federal government conducts a landmark study from 1983 to 1993 that profoundly changed the organization of diabetes. The study involved 1,441 volunteers with Type 1 diabetes at 29 medical centers in the United States and Canada. The United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study in 1998 shaped similar results for people with Type 2 diabetes.
Do you have high blood sugar levels or are you diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Millions of Americans each year are afflicted with this unfaithful disease. Thus it becomes important that controlling your blood sugar levels can help you lead a fit and normal life.
There is a surest way of blood sugar manage that is having a monitor. The importance of a blood sugar monitor cannot be under emphasized for controlling this disease.
The blood sugar level is the amount of glucose (sugar) in the blood. It is also known as plasma glucose level. It is expressed as millimoles per litre (mmol/l).
Normally blood glucose levels stay within narrow limits throughout the day: 4 to 8mmol/l. But they are higher after meals and usually lowest in the morning.
In diabetes the blood sugar level moves exterior these limits until treated. Even with good control of diabetes, the blood sugar level will still at times drift outside this normal range.
Control Blood Sugar Tips
1. Test your blood sugar. Ask your health care supplier when and how often.
2. Keep a record of your blood tests, medicines, and daily events. Review the evidence with your health care provider.
3. Take your diabetes medicine as prescribed. Your medicine plan should make you feel better and fit your lifestyle.
4. Eat foods that are low in fat, salt, and sugar and high in fiber to manage your blood sugar. Eat about the same number of calories each day, choose a assortment of foods, and never skip meals. See a dietitian to create a meal plan that is right for you.
5. Get physical activity. Check with your health care source before you begin an exercise program. If you haven’t been active, start unhurriedly. Good activities are walking and swimming.
Home Remedies for High Blood Sugar
High blood sugar is fatal for health and it is absolutely a contrary to healthy life concept ailment. The home remedies available for the avoidance control of high blood sugar are efficient, effective, and easy to maintain.
Taking 6-8 leaves of holy basil is a good antidote for high blood sugar level.
Take a handful fenugreek seeds and get them in powdered form. You need to consume 1-2 tea spoon full powdered fenugreek seeds in lukewarm water in the morning.
Consumption of 2-3 garlic cloves for a few days helps to low down the high blood sugar level.
You need to take the garlic cloves in the early morning in blank stomach. Those who can access garlic with single clove can exploit better help of this herbal home remedy.
Leaf of mango tree is a well-organized herbal medicine to arrest high blood sugar. It be easy to access and easy to make the medicine. You need to take some mango foliage get them dried and out of the dry foliage form a powder.
Read more on Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
Article Source: Articlesbase.com