In this article we will discuss various oils and their benefits when used in a aromatherapy bath. We will also provide a great recipe for you to use when you are taking your next aromatherapy bath.
1. Rosemary Oil: Rosemary essential oil is great to use when one is looking to relax achy muscles. It is also good for dull skin, gout, tiredness and poor circulation.
2. Geranium Oil: Geranium essential oils are good for treating acne, cellulite, oily skin and even menopausal symptoms.
3. Jasmine Oil: Jasmine essential oil is really good for helping to lift one’s mood. It is also good for treating dry and sensitive skin, tiredness and labor pains.
4. Linden Blossom: Linden blossom essential oil is good to use to ease headaches, migraines and to manage stress. It is also great to use when one is having trouble falling to sleep.
5. Lavender: Lavender essential oil is very popular and perhaps the most well known out of all of popular essential oils. It works well in helping to relieve acne, various allergies, athlete’s foot, headaches, insect bites, stress and scabies.
6. Mandarin: Mandarin essential oils are appropriate to use when one is suffering from acne, oily or dull skin, stress and wrinkles.
7. Peppermint: Peppermint essential oils help individuals who suffer from asthma, headaches, sinuses, vertigo and headaches.
8. Pine: Pine essential oil is great when you need a pick me up. It helps to energize you.
9. Basil: Basil essential oil helps you become or stay mentally alert. It is also very soothing and helps relieve feelings of nervousness.
10. Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus essential oil is really good for helping one breath clearly.
11. Clary Sage: Clary sage is really good for lifting one’s mood.
12. Jasmine: Jasmine is good to use when one is mildly depressed. It also helps to promote feelings of confidence.
13. Orange: Orange is another essential oil that is great for lifting one’s mood.
14. Chamomile: Chamomile essential oil works very well when one is looking to relax and feel calm.
All of the essential oils listed above are fantastic choices when one is looking to create an aromatherapy bath. There are many more essential oils that can be added, many which can help treat some type of ailment, body or mind.
Below, I am going to provide an essential oil, aromatherapy recipe to make your next bath relaxing, soothing and therapeutic all at once.
Simple Bath Oil
-2oz of some type of carrier oil. Sweet almond works well.
-20 drops of essential oil. Try lavender.
Blend together and store in an amber glass bottle. Place a few drops in the bath before you hop in and get ready to enjoy. If you are bathing small children, be sure that the oils that you use, are safe for children. You will also need to reduce the amount of oils that you place in the bath.
George Kakaris, lives in a Greek island and adores Natural Healing and Holistic Treatments. He owns a site dedicated to Aromatherapy and Essential Oils.
Article Source: Articlebase.com