Breakfast! Meal to kick start your day! It should be tasty, nutritive and yet healthy. Not high on the calorie count, this mentioned recipe, brought forth before you among the hoard of Breakfast Recipes would fill you with energy and nutrition. Have a look!
Chewy Granola Bars
These chewy granola bars are favorite Breakfast Recipes and can be adapted to fit into specific preferences. Mix your favorite fruits and the nuts!
- ¾ cup wheat germ
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup honey, OR ¼ cup honey and ¼ cup agave nectar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup dried fruit (chop into small pieces, if using large fruit)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees temperature. Place Deep Flexiflat on the perforated baking sheet. Add wheat germ, oats, almonds and sunflower seeds in the Deep Flexiflat. Toast it in the oven for 7-10 minutes, with stirring every few minutes so they don't get burnt. *Previously toasted nuts, seeds and wheat germ do not used to be toasted again.
2. Put the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and honey into large round mold. Microwave it in 1 minute intervals, with total of 3 minutes; stirring well after every minute. Using the microwave plate like a support, remove sugar mixture from the microwave, and add toasted dried fruit and oat mixture.
3. By using the heat resistant spatula, properly stir the mixture and then pour the mixture back to the deep Flexiflat. Use spatula to press the mixture tightly so it is compact. Let it completely cool for up to 1-2 hours or can be placed in the fridge to cool, and use cake server knife to cut it into bars. Place it in snack size baggies, enfold in plastic wrap, or store in airtight container. With the given amount of ingredient, you can easily make 16 traditional sized bars.
Not just preparing the dish, if the dish is served in stylish and delicate cookware, the charm and appeal of the dish increases, leaps and bounds. Demarle Cookware is one such cookware which is known for its aesthetic design, style and class. It is not only artistic and stylish to look at and served into, but because of its durability, it is availed globally by the dish lovers. It is said, ‘A food that looks good, tastes good!' abiding by the same, try and serve the dish in some attractive dish. Happy Cooking!
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com