We all need to work a little magic in our kitchens and homes every now and again, so here are some of my top time saving tips for busy entrepreneurs.
1. When making pasta or rice, use a teaspoon of oil in the water. This prevents the water from boiling over as well as the pasta and rice sticking together in clumps.
2. Have some spare lemons you don't know what to do with? Squeeze them and put them into an ice cube tray and freeze. In this way you will have lemon at hand for your drinks or for baking when you need it.
3. If you don't have time to make a dessert, try this one. Run some grapes under cold water and dust them with sugar. Put them in the freezer for an hour and they are delicious.
4. If your dinner stew has come out too fatty and you don't have time to put it into the fridge and wait for the fat to harden, throw some ice cubes into the pot. The fat will cling to the ice cubes and then remove them straight away before they melt.
5. Put a pinch of salt into your frying pan and the fat won't splatter.
6. Has the fizz gone out of your champagne? Put a raisin into the bottle and voola the bubbles will be back, without your champagne taking on any of the flavor of the raisin.
7. If you have put too much salt into your stew or soup, throw a cut up raw potato in, and it will absorb a lot of the salt. You can discard the potato once the potato is cooked.
8. If using dried herbs and spices in your food, crush them between your finger tips first to release the flavor, before adding them to your cooking.
9. To prevent egg yolks from crumbling when trying to slice a hard-boiled egg, wet the knife before each slice. To prevent a dark ring forming around your yolks after boiling your eggs, put them straight from the stove top into cold water for a few minutes.
10. Keep vinegar handy. It is great for cleaning the scale that builds up in your kettle and iron, and has a multitude of other uses. You can also use it diluted in water as a very effective tile and floor cleaner.
Hope these everyday tips help you to save lots of time, so you can spend more time doing the things that count.
Michel Maling enjoys writing, blogging and internet marketing. For moren tips for entrepreneurs, visit: http://profitonlinefromhome.com/recommends/category/bonus-tips-for-every-day
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com