Jet lag is a feeling of irritability, insomnia, indigestion and general disorientation. It occurs when the body's inner clock is out of synchronization with time cues it receives from the environment. Time cues include meal times, sunrise and sunset, and daily cycles of rest and activity. Our bodies have internal clocks that are far more powerful than we realize. The time you wake up, when you eat, and when you bed down for the night are all determined by this internal clock.
Jet lag is one such modern problem. Different countries have different time zones. Our body takes some time to adjust to any time zone. The various reactions shown by the body during this adjustment period is the cause of Jet lag. Some people take many days o recover while others may have very little problem. It varies from person to person.
Natural Home Remedies for Jet Lag
1. Having half a cup of water mixed with a few drops of rosemary oil is one of the most highly recommended Jet Lag home remedies. In addition, have some Valerian tea a few hours after having the rosemary decoction.
2. Rubbing some warm sesame oil on the scalp and soles of the feet is a simple yet effective natural remedy for Jet Lag home treatment.
3. Epsom salt baths help to cure Jet Lag related symptoms of fatigue and lethargy.
4. In the flight, do some light stretching exercises and keep moving the body from time to time to keep the body active and energetic and hence reduce Jet Lag symptoms to a great extent.
5. Soothing and therapeutic herbal teas like chamomile tea, peppermint tea etc serve as excellent natural home remedies for Jet Lag as they tend to calm the nerves and help the body cope with the change.
6. Consuming a combination of one cup warm milk mixed with a pinch of nutmeg and ginger works as an efficient natural cure for Jet Lag.
7. Aromatherapy, acupuncture and yoga are considered as highly beneficial natural home remedies for Jet Lag.
Herbal Remedies for Jet Lag
Below are some of the top jet lag herbal remedies -
1. Have peppermint and fennel teabags to use when you have an upset stomach.
2. 1 capsule of Siberian ginseng daily for one week before the trip and continue to take it daily throughout the trip to help balance the system. Take it with ginseng in conjunction with gotu kola.
3. In lieu of coffee on the plane, ask for a cup of hot water and steep the fresh leaves of lemon balm and peppermint for ten minutes, then sip slowly and relax. Add a few slices of fresh ginger to prevent nausea.
Tips to Avoid Jet Lag:
1. Avoid alcohol and jet lag while traveling and also before boarding.
2. Have meals according to the local time.
3. Do simple stretching exercises at the seat such as contraction and relaxation of palms, raise legs and slightly stretch neck upwards.
Diet for Jet lag - Take a heavy diet three days before traveling but on the traveling day its better to fast. A high carbohydrate meal is highly beneficial.
Don't sit for a long time, walk after every hour in a long journey.
A high protein diet for jetlag during flight will make one alert and energetic.
Read more on Jet Lag Treatment http://www.herbalcureindia.com/health-disease/jet-lag.htm
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com