Cleaning can be stressful if you’re on a tight budget. But worry not; you can actually do a lot of good cleaning with just a basket of lemons.
Here are 20 ways you can use lemons for cleaning.
1. Squeeze some lemons on your kitchen door, windowsills, and cracks on your kitchen walls to keep ants and roaches away.
2. To remove hardened food spots in your microwave oven, mix 3 tablespoons of lemon juice with one and a half cup of water, put the solution in a microwaveable bowl, heat the mixture in the microwave for 5 to 10 minutes, then use a piece of cloth to wipe the once-hardened food spots away.
3. Keep your glasses and chinaware shiny and stain free by soaking them in a 1:1 mixture of water and lemon juice for a few hours before washing them.
4. Remove foul odor from your fridge by squeezing some lemon juice on a wad of cotton and putting the cotton inside the fridge.
5. Make your aluminum pots and pans sparkle again by cutting a lemon in half and rubbing it on them.
6. Wash away the stink of meat from your cutting boards by rubbing them with the cut half of a lemon.
Lemons have powerful antibacterial properties; experiments have found the juice of lemons destroy the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases. [justfunfacts.com]
7. Remove the stain from plastic containers by rubbing some lemon juice on them and washing those stains off with water.
8. Some lemon juice on a piece of cloth can rub out the stains from your silverware.
9. Make a mixture of lemon juice and table salt, and use it to scrub your kitchen sink. Wash and dry the sink after.
10. Remove the tarnish on your chrome faucets by rubbing them with some lemons and drying them afterwards with a clean piece of cloth.
11. Squeeze some lemon juice on a sponge, and use that sponge to rub off all the soap scum on your shower stall and bathtub. Rinse the shower stalls and bathtub after.
12. If you’ve tried everything to remove the stains on your marble floor, to no avail, try using a cut lemon with some table salt to try to rub the stain off. It may be worth the try, but be extra careful, as marble may be damaged by acid. This method should be used only as a last resort.
13. Eliminate the stench of your fireplace by adding some lemon peels to the fire.
14. Making your own air freshener by simmering some cut lemons in a pot. Soon, your room will be filled with their relaxing scent.
15. Get rid of the odor coming from your humidifier by squeezing 3 to 4 teaspoons of lemon juice into the water.
16. Remove stain from your delicate fabrics by soaking them on some lemon juice and baking soda half an hour before actually washing them up.
17. Clear the dried paint from your glass windows. Put some lemon juice on a soft cloth and wipe the stain.
18. Shoo away the squirrels and cats in your yard by burying lemon rinds in your garden during summer and spring.
19. Keep your garbage disposal clean-smelling by throwing some lemon peel into it.
20. Make your own polish for your wooden floors and furniture by mixing a cup of olive oil with half a cup of lemon juice.
Office cleaning and house cleaning can be performed with natural ingredients.