This extra-festive twist on a Moscow mule is sure to spice up your holiday party. Flavoured with the zing of ginger beer, notes of caramel and vanilla from bourbon, and balanced by the sweetness of apple cider, it strikes a perfect balance.
“To make your drink look as good as it tastes, try garnishing with accents such as crystallized ginger,” suggests Michelle Pennock, executive chef for the President’s Choice Test Kitchen. “This small step brings the drink to the next level.”
Maple Bourbon Cider Mule
Prep time: 5 minutes Serves: 1
- 1/3 cup 75 mL honeycrisp sweet apple cider
- 2 tbsp 25 mL bourbon (1 oz)
- 4 tsp 20 mL pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp 5 mL fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup 50 mL ginger beer
- 1 slice crystallized ginger (optional)
- Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add apple cider, bourbon, maple syrup and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously 15 to 20 seconds.
- Strain into PC Stemless Red Wine Glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer. Thread crystallized ginger onto wooden cocktail skewer (if using); place in glass.
- Chef’s tip: Leave out the bourbon for a non-alcoholic version.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 220, fat 0 g, sodium 10 mg, carbohydrates 39 g, fibre 0 g, sugars 36 g, protein 0 g.