Looking for something special to serve up this holiday season? Add some colour and flavor to your table with this delicious stuffing. A perfect marriage of sweet and savoury, this is a recipe the whole family will love.
Cranberry and Sweet Potato Stuffing
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 loaf Promise Gluten Free soft white bread, breadcrumbed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes, grated
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 75 g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Pinch of saffron threads soaked in 3 tbsp (45 mL) water
- 1 bunch of red currants
- Heat oil and butter in a pan with a lid. Add onions and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add grated sweet potatoes and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the ingredients in the pan to your breadcrumbs, parsley and saffron with soaking water; mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 365°F (185°C) for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir the cranberries, pistachios and herbs into the breadcrumb and sweet potato mixture.
- Garnish with a bunch of red currants.
For more recipe inspiration, visit www.promiseglutenfree.ca.