Having the perfect staple ingredient in your pantry makes it easy to get a quick and delicious home-cooked meal on the table. With a jar of pasta sauce at hand, there are many creative meals you can make.
Minestrone soup is a classic, comforting recipe option for a chilly day. Made with zucchini, spinach leaves, kidney beans and marinara sauce, this soup is as healthy as it is delicious. Plus, the Bertolli pasta sauce adds the simple goodness of Tuscan cooking, using a few quality ingredients cooked lightly in olive oil to lock in layers of flavour. Make a large batch of the recipe and freeze to re-heat for easy, nutritious leftovers.
Balsamic Minestrone Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp mild olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped (about 1 ½ cups))
- 2 large carrots (chopped (about 1 cup))
- 1 jar Bertolli Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs & Fresh Garlic Sauce
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped (about 1 cup))
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (chopped)
- 1 can (15.5 oz. low sodium red kidney beans, rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked ditalini pasta
Heat olive oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots and cook until tender; about 5 minutes. Add sauce and vegetable broth.
Stir in zucchini, spinach and kidney beans. Bring to boil, cover and reduce to heat to medium-low. Cook 10 minutes.