Why do most women looking to remedy a health/beauty concern concentrate solely on that one particular problem when they could at the same time give the whole body an entire make over? Of course certain conditions and disease do not fall into the type of beauty I speak of. Giving your body as much attention as you would give a car to ensure all is in complete working order is a fabulous idea. Keeping the body in check will keep you safe and give peace of mind.
For example: If you have a headache, find the root cause for why it is there before popping any pills. Some headaches come about because of you feeling down due to the way you look, if this be the case then you can rid the headache in no time with a new hairdo, make over, or a session down at the gym
The main factor for looking good is to “feel” good. Regardless of glitter and sparkle worn or your new shape of plucked eyebrows or bright red polished manicured nails – if you do not feel 100% in yourself then all your effort to look beautiful will never surface. Proof in words of famous quotes like “Beauty is within” and Beauty is skin deep, tells us it is what goes on in the inside is what counts.
There is no argument to debate as to what a new hairdo can do to boost a woman’s mood. If expense holds you back then you may find these tips below very useful. Before trying any unfamiliar products or following advice from unknown sources be sure to check with your doctor/beautician first.
- For a fabulous sheen to your hair add 1 or 2 tablespoons of vinegar into the final rinse. Dry in normal way.
- We all need a pick me up at some time so why not the hair too. Take 1 lb of stinging nettles and boil in 1 pint of water. (Take care not to get stung) Leave to cool, strain. Gently rub into the scalp and shampoo. This method helps prevent dandruff and also hair loss so they say.
- For that extra shine, before final rinse pour beer over hair. Rinse well to rid smell.
- Try making your own hair conditioner using mayonnaise. Apply to dry hair. Cover with plastic cap, wrap in warm towel and leave for 20-30 minutes. Wash and rinse thoroughly
For a fresh clear complexion drink 2 litres of water a day, it will work wonders for your skin. Some skin toners can be very expensive so a great alternative is Witch hazel.
Create your own face mask. Ingredients include yeast and milk.
- Take fresh baking yeast and blend with tepid milk mix into a thick paste. Apply to face and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water (not hot) followed with a cold rinse. This method leaves skin soft supple and is known to prevent spots
- One cause of puffy eyes is the fluid retention of our head in that part of the eye. Fluid can easily be stored under the eyes when asleep. Overnight, body fluids go to the head hence not circulating properly. Try sleeping with the head elevated. Try placing cool gel bags around the eyes. Chilled cucumber if placed onto the eyes will freshen and reduce the look of tired eyes.
Lip pencils work well for the lip pout.
Choose a colour that is similar in shade to your true lip colour. Lightly outline the skin around the lips then colour in your true lips. You can use a lighter coloured lip pencil and add a highlight on the top middle portion of your lower lip. Go easy so as not to end up like coco the clown. Rub the lip pencil on the middle of your lower lip to create a light highlight. Next step is to put your lipstick on over the highlighted area for the full pout appearance.
Sadly the neck appears to age faster than most other body parts; however a little TLC can help decrease visibility of crease/wrinkles.
- Face foundation is normally applied to the neck as well as the face. Some women have owned up to either forgetting or can not be bothered to remove this at night. The neck like the face requires gentle exfoliation. Neck skin needs protection from the suns harmful UV rays which damages the skin severely, it can affect skin tone, cause age spots and worse still the cause of skin cancer. These are just prevention methods and not a cure. Avoiding the sun, exfoliating and applying moisturizer to the skin will definitely make neck creases far less noticeable.
- Firm breasts can be helped through exercise. Swimming is one of the best exercises to help firm breasts up, because it requires the pectoral muscles to continually work. Joining a fitness gym is the best course of action to take. Your local trainer in the gymnasium may suggest using the dumbbell press.
Lie on your back with 3-5 lb. free weights.
Raise the weights over your head with your arms fully extended from the shoulder.
Lower the weights to your chest, squeezing your pectoral muscles.
Raise the weights back to the original position.
Complete two sets of 15 repetitions.
The best and proven way to keep the body in a healthy tip top condition is to join a gym or yoga class. Obesity is a rising major concern. Any person carrying excess weight is at risk from particular diseases. Overweight people are most likely the ones to feel less good about themselves, light exercise and a well balanced diet is the road to take to find the new healthy you. It can be fun dieting and very educational. Learning about foods in the way of what is good and not good for you can be passed onto others in your family should they have a weight problem. Now go run that treadmill with an apple in hand.
Beauty in You Hair Care