This creamy dressing is chock-full of monounsaturated fats to deliver a powerful cognitive punch. Try it over a spinach salad with bacon and wedges of apple, or a mild Boston or Bibb lettuce salad.
Citrus Orange Yogurt Dressing
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes ¾ cup (175 ml)
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) peanut oil
- ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 orange
- 1 tsp (5 ml) liquid honey
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) peanuts, preferably honey roasted, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh chives, finely snipped black pepper, to taste
In a bowl, whisk yogurt with oil, salt and garlic. Finely grate ½ tsp (2 mL) of peel from orange then squeeze out 2 tbsp (30 mL) juice. Add to yogurt mixture along with honey, peanuts, chives and pepper. Stir until combined.
Additional recipes can be found at peanutbureau.ca.