Eyes seem to be one of the most fragile organs. Therefore it is very important to take immediate action in case of problems. You can always purchase some medicine to cure your eyes, but according to me it is better to put into effect folk methods when dealing with inflamed eyes.
- Diseases of eyes can be healed with a rinse and compress of a decoction of chamomile and wormwood tea.
- Eyebright (Euphrasia Stricta) tea also might be used for a compress and rinse. In addition you can mix half of a teaspoon of the dry eyebright tea and a sip of water to make a tincture for improving your vision.
- A cucumber is a great remedy for inflamed eyes. It can be used for a compress by making an infusion of half a glass of cortices of the cucumber mixed with the same amount of boiling water and half of a teaspoon of baking soda. Irritation of eyes can be relieved with a compress of grated cucumbers, potatoes or apples. (leave on for a few minutes then rinse off).
- Inflamed eyes can be healed with a compress of warm, strained honey. The honey can be also added to a broth of onions and the tincture can be used to rinse the eyes 4-5 times a day.
- If a baby has inflamed eyes, milk of his/her mother is the best remedy to heal them.
My family has been practicing the above described methods from generation to generation and they have worked fine so far. Owing to the growing prevalence of natural products and lifestyle I am convinced that these methods are going to be handed down to the further generations.
Arta – tedsstockings
Photo. Sean D Brown