A rich fragrant bath salt recipe to counteract stress and fatigue.
Desert Sands Bath Salt Recipe
- 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 4 drops musk fragrant or essential oil
- 3 drops Jasmine essential oil or fragrant oil
- 3 cups Epsom salt (a 2 lb bag will be enough)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 2 teaspoons liquid glycerin (skin moisturizer) (optional)
Combine baking soda, Epsom salt and glycerin until well blended, add scents stirring until there is no clumps just a fine powder. Divide the mixture evenly into 3 separate bowls. In the first bowl add 3 drops yellow food coloring, in the second add 3 drops red food coloring and in the 3rd bowl add 2 drops yellow with 1 drop red food coloring…stir each bowl until the color is well mixed. Allow the air to dry it for a few hours before placing in a bottle. Once dried, layer the colors…red first, then orange then lastly yellow.
To use: Pour 2 cups of mix into warm bath water. Soak for 20 minutes. 40 minutes for a therapeutic bath.
Note: Not intended or children.
Note: Liquid glycerin used as a skin moisturizer. Glycerin can be found at health food stores, some drug stores, or major department stores depending on where you live.
Pioneerthinking.com – Ingredient for a Simple Life
© Pioneerthinking.com – All rights reserved.