When it comes to desserts, cakes are among the popular ones. Kids and adults alike enjoy the sweet taste and rich texture of any type of cake. However, most kids love a kind of cake that is sweet, while others love a kind of cake with a smooth and creamy texture. You can make the cake according to how you want it to be; the ingredients and the manner of mixing the batter affect the kind of cake you can create.
You can certainly find a number of cake recipes that you will find completely delicious. Among the popular recipe that you should try is pound cake. This great dessert is truly satisfying and delicious, and the whole family will surely love it. Check out this easy and simple recipe for pound cake.
Black Walnut Pound Cake
Are you thinking of a great food item for teatime? You should definitely try making black walnut pound cake. Black walnut is a great addition to the pound cake. Here are the ingredients that you need to make this fabulous food item.
Black Walnut Pound Cake
- 3 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of whole or skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 5 pieces of large eggs
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of chopped black walnuts
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 8 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 16 oz. of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- First, prepare the batter by creaming the butter. You may use a mixing bowl for this. Afterward, put the sugar, followed by the shortening. Add in the eggs and beat continuously after adding each. Set aside the mixture.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and the baking powder. Use a large bowl to sift these two ingredients. Pour the milk to the prepared butter mixture. Mix well by using an electric mixer. Low speed is enough to combine the ingredients well. Add in the chopped walnuts.
- Then, transfer the prepared mixture into the greased and floured tube pan. Bake the mixture for one hour at 325 degrees F. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, while on a wire rack.
- While waiting for the cake to cool, you can prepare the frosting. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and the butter. Combine thoroughly while adding in the sugar. Next, pour the vanilla and whisk the mixture until fluffy. Spread a generous layer of the frosting on top of the cooled cake.
There you have it, an easy recipe for pound cake. You should definitely try making this amazing recipe that is ideal for dessert or teatime. You will love the great taste, fabulous texture and the convenience in making the pound cake. You can serve the cake with an icy cold beverage or warm coffee.
For more information related to Food and Recipes, please visit: Pound Cake Recipe.