This colorful mixture of potatoes with Romaine lettuce, feta cheese, cucumbers, olives and tomatoes is a tasty treat you’re sure to enjoy.
Greek Pita Salad with Potatoes
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 pita breads, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes (about 3 cups)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup (about 6 ounces) plain low fat yogurt
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 cups cut-up romaine lettuce leaves (1-inch strips)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (white and light green portions only)
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
Heat oven to 350°F. On large baking sheet, arrange torn pita in even layer; bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add potatoes. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; cool. For dressing, in blender container, combine feta cheese, yogurt, dill, mint and garlic; process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In large bowl, combine pita, potatoes, tomatoes and cucumber. Add dressing; toss lightly to coat. Place romaine in large serving bowl. Mound vegetables over lettuce. Sprinkle with olives and green onion.
nutritional information per serving:
potatohelp.com. © Copyright 2000, Potato Board. All Rights Reserved.