Medically known as urticaria, hives is an ailment of the skin which causes rings and patches all over the body. Hives are caused by a chemical termed as histamine, which is why red blotches form on the skin surface. These appear in groups and are generally red in color. Hives appear in different sizes, varying on how serious the illness is. It is usually caused when a person is allergic to a particular thing. These may be a particular medicine, nuts, eggs, berries, insect bites, jelly fish, etc. at times, it also occurs due to tight clothes, exposure to extreme weather, hereditary or even sweat. The most common symptoms of hives are swelling on the affected region, itchiness, pain and difficulty in doing routine activity. However, hives can be cured at home retreating to the natural remedies. Learn how to treat hives at home.
Although the causes of hives are going to change, the symptoms that you have with them are not. These are raised areas that can be red or white and vary in size. Sometimes they are single, and sometimes they come up in groups. Most of the time, your hives are just going to just fade out, but sometimes they will erupt. You should also note that their can be a burning or stinging affect in the area that you have the hives. The itching of these hives can be very small to very severe.
In most cases, hives do not need any kind of treatment at all. There are some different medications you can take that have been effective hive treatment options in the past, but normally you just have to wait it out. The only time that you have to worry is when you find that the hives are starting to cut off your airways. If your have hives in your mouth or around your neck that are starting to make it hard to breath, then you need to go see your doctor. That is because, if the hives swell anymore, it could become impossible for you to breath.
Home Remedies for Hives
1. To get rid of the itchiness you can apply calamine lotion, it will provide your body with instant relief.
2. Itchy feeling can also removed by making use of milk of magnesia.
3. Taking bath with warm water can provide you with great relief. At the same time if you put in the water a bit of cornstarch and baking soda and soak yourself for at least an hour, you will be amazed to see the results.
4. Apply vitamin E oil or aloe vera gel on the affected areas can also help.
5. Intake as much Vitamin E, C as you can.
6. There are many kinds of tea you can drink and they prove to be very effective, such as herbal tea, passionflower, peppermint, valerian, chamomile and catnip.
7. It is always recommended to apply cool compression on the affected areas.
8. A long bath with extremely cold water and after that few minutes under fan can result in great relief.
Taking all these hives home remedies into account can help you perfectly in getting rid of hives fast and easy.
Read more on Home Remedies for Hives and Treatment for Hives.
Photo Credit: Ponder0ndm
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com