This delicious banana bread is quite the comfort food. Hearty in flavor, and hearty in taste. This bread will become a favorite.
Homemade Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 medium over ripe bananas
- Mash bananas until it is fairly smooth, but don’t over mashed it.
- In a separate bowl mix sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Then add in the butter until its well mixed. Next add in the eggs and vanilla, once combined add in the flour. Stir the ingredients well, then once that’s mixed add in the walnuts.
- Pour the banana bread mix into a greased 9 x 5 bread loaf pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until golden brown and comes clean when you insert a toothpick in it.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Pioneerthinking.com – Ingredient for a Simple Life.
© Pioneerthinking.com 2017 – All rights reserved. For personal use only.