Why would you buy something at say £30, just because it has a designer tag, when you can make your own body scrub, with all natural ingredients for about £2?
Benefits of This Edible Skin Scrub:
- Exfoliate the dead skin of the face and body. (sugar is a natural exfoliator and it’s gentle to use on the face and body)
- Is practically edible, (all ingredients are digestible and will leave the skin smelling sweet and moisturized)
- Cheap to make and effective. (the only expensive items are the essential oils but once purchased they will keep for about 12 months)
- Works on cellulite. ( the caffeine in coffee is effective in breaking down the fat cells in the skin structure to make the legs, thighs and stomach smoother)
- Effective skin softener. (olive oil is very moisturizing)
- The essential oils, ginger and cayenne work on the nervous system to boost the circulation and to boost the mood. (essential oils work on the nervous system, boosting the mood because essential oils soak into the dermis layer, the deepest layer of the skin, black pepper is great for boosting the circulation, juniper berry works on the circulation improving the look of cellulite and clary sage is very effective for skincare (please note do not use clary sage with pregnancy)
- Leaves the skin lingering with a sexy scent. (essential oils are derived from flowers and plants and only a few drops are needed to leave a long lasting scent)
- No need to use moisturizer afterwards. ( leaves the skin very moisturized)
Okay so what are the ingredients you need, I’ll list them here:
Homemade Face and Body Scrub
Use this scrub once or twice a week for best effects.
- 50 ml empty jar, or use an old reusable moisturizer jar
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 20 ml olive oil
- 6 drops black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of ginger
- 4 drops of Clary sage (contraindication to pregnancy)
- 6 drops Juniper Berry
- Half a teaspoon of ground cayenne
How to make:
Put the brown sugar into the jar
Add the coffee
Add the ginger and cayenne
Add the essential oils
Add the oil slowly, mixing it together with spoon or spatula
Keep on adding the oil until the mixture is a soft paste and the oil has soaked up all the ingredients
Voila! Your own homemade, effective skin scrub, that will leave your skin highly moisturized, squeaky clean and soft.
I am a novel writer. I’ve just finished my fifth project, Murderous Minx and rewrote my first erotic fiction book, A Girl With A Dirty Mind. I am also ghostwriting an autobiography for Spiritualist, Una Pearce, and doing freelance writing.