Perfect for little bakers, try this recipe for hot chocolate cookie cups. Inspired by a steaming hot cup of cocoa, these mini chocolate chip cookies are topped with marshmallows and finished with a pretzel “handle.”
Hot Chocolate-Inspired Cookie Cups
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Makes: 60 cookies
- 2 ¼ cups 550 mL all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp 5 mL baking soda
- ½ tsp 2 mL salt
- 1 cup 250 mL (2 sticks) Becel unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup 250 mL firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup 60 mL granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp 5 mL vanilla extract
- ¾ cup 170 mL chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tbsp 45 mL cocoa
- 1 tsp 5 mL ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups 375 mL mini marshmallows (3 per cup)
- 30 mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat margarine sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in ½ cup (125 mL) chocolate chips, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Drop by tablespoonfuls into greased mini muffin pans.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Quickly make a dent in the center of each and insert three marshmallows. Top each with one chocolate chip. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove cups from pan. Break off curved part of pretzels to make a “handle” and press into side of cup to adhere; cool completely.