Homemade organic body scrubs are just one of the many ways you can treat yourself to excellent skin care without spa prices. With these scrubs, not only will your skin be cleansed and exfoliated, but regular use improves circulation and pulls toxins from the skin.
In the following 7 recipes, it is important to use organic ingredients so that you are not absorbing other toxins through the skin. Most ingredients can be found in health food stores and are readily available online. ALL of these scrubs should be used in the bath or shower and should be followed by patting your skin dry and applying an organic moisturizer for overall skin care.
Awesome Dry Skin Scrub
This mixture should be made up and stored in a quarter sized airtight container (Mason Jars are great) for easy use when you want it. You will just need to take about 3/4 cup and mix with enough distilled water to make a paste when you are ready to use it in the shower, gently rubbing over your body.
- 2 tablespoons organic almond meal
- 4 cups organic chickpea flour
- 2 cups organic dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rose essential oil (essential oils can be found in health food stores and on the internet, just be sure that they are produced from organically produced base plants)
Apple Fresh Body Scrub
This organic skin scrub should be made up at least 10 hours before use, but not longer than 1 week. Two applications are made with this recipe, allowing you to use one soon and one at the end of the week. In a large, microwave safe bowl, warm the cream (10 to 20 seconds). Add ingredients in the following order and stir with each one added: apple juice, honey, oats, tapioca, Epsom Salt, lavender oil, and lemon peel oil. Pour into airtight container and refrigerate for at least 10 hours before first use.
- 2 cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup freshly juiced organic apple juice
- 1 teaspoon organic lavender essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic lemon peel essential oil
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1/2 cup organic tapioca pearls
- 1/4 cup organic whole rolled oats, crush slightly by pounding while in a zippered storage bag
- 3/4 cup organic whipping cream
Invigorating Renewal Scrub
This scrub is revitalizing for both your skin and your energy level. The recipe makes enough for two applications and should be used within 10 days of creation. Mix all ingredients well and store in refrigerator.
- 2 cups organic chopped oats
- Organic essential oils: 4 drops peppermint, 3 drops eucalyptus
- 2/3 cup organic moisturizer (our homemade milk lotions are great for this)
- 2 cups Epsom Salt
Lemony Sweet Brown Sugar Scrub
This scrub should be mixed just prior to use because the sugar crystals break down too quickly for later use. It is from these crystals that you get the exfoliating properties.
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups organic grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup organic grated lemon peel
Lemon Fresh Body Scrub
Lemon juice is the major attraction in this recipe as it not only rejuvenates the skin; it detoxifies it. Like all sugar recipes, these ingredients should be mixed just prior to use because the sugar crystals will break down quickly.
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- Fresh juice from 1 organic lemon
- 1 1/2 cups organic olive oil
Creamy Orange Body Scrub
This is another sugar recipe, so remember to mix all ingredients just before use and do not attempt to store it. The use of cream in this recipe is a great moisture help, so enjoy! Massage this mixture onto your body and allow to sit for about 15 minutes before you shower. It works best when applied in a steamy bathroom.
- Organic essential oils: 8 drops orange and 2 drops jojoba
- 3 tablespoons heavy organic cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
Tutti Frutti Body Scrub
This is an excellent summer scrub for combating those drying effects of the sun. Due to preservation issues and the fact that the Epsom Salt will dissolve quickly, you should mix this just prior to use. Apply prior to turning shower on, but while standing in the bathtub. Massage over body thoroughly, preferably with a body puff, then rinse in warm shower. This works as a cleanser, so you will not need to cleanse your body after using this scrub.
- 1/2 cup Aloe Vera pulp (taken directly from plant)
- 3 teaspoons Epsom Salt
- 1/4 cup organic facial cleanser
- 1 peeled guava (put through food processor or mashed if soft enough)
- 1 peeled kiwi (mashed)
by Louise Forrest – Keep yourself looking great with these skin care tips from http://www.NaturalElements.co.uk You can now get the very latest information on Natural Skin Care by subscribing with RSS