Giving yourself a facial at home is an excellent way of keeping your skin fresh and glowing without the expense of a salon treatment. However as a staunch advocate of natural and organic skincare I strongly recommend using products made from pure, wholesome ingredients that are free from toxic chemicals and mineral oils when doing a facial at home. Premium skincare made from 100% natural and organic ingredients with no chemicals, mineral oils or artificial additives offer superior results as well as being healthier. Here is what you will need for your facial:
- Gentle facial cleanser,
- natural facial scrub,
- Facial mask to suite your skin type,
- Facial oil/serum
- Facial moisturizer
- Damp cotton pads(soaked in water/rosewater)
- Kettle of hot water
- Large glass bowl
- 2 damp face cloths/facial sponges
- 2 chilled chamomile tea bags/cucumber slices
- spa music(optional)
- Wash hands, tie hair back, remove any jewelry especially rings.
- .Apply a small amount of cleanser to face and neck. Spread evenly and massage slowly in circular motions. Remove with damp cotton pads until all cleanser is removed.
- Repeat previous step.
STEP 2: STEAM.
- Pour hot water into the bowl and lean over the hot water, covering the head with a towel to contain the steam. Allow the skin to steam gently for up to 5 minutes( steam should feel comfortable)
STEP 3: EXFOLIATE.
- Apply exfoliator to face and neck and massage GENTLY, in circular motions avoiding the delicate eye area.
- Remove with a damp wash cloth/facial sponges until all product is removed. Wipe skin with damp cotton pads
STEP 4: MASSAGE.
- Apply natural facial oil/serum and massage in circular motions. Wipe excess facial oil
- Apply facial masque to suit your skin, lie in a reclining position with cucumber slices/chamomile tea bags over eyes for 5-10 minutes or time recommended for mask.
- Remove masque with damp face cloth/facial sponges and wipe skin with damp cotton pads until all mask is removed.
STEP 6: MOISTURIZE.
- Enjoy your fresh new skin.
Please note: Do not carry out any other facial treatments ie facial waxing etc 12 hours before/after a facial .
Disclaimer: This guide is meant for normal, healthy skin. If you have medical skin problems ie active acne, eczema etc, please consult your health practitioner/dermatologist before carrying out any facial treatments.