Taking a bath is one the most relaxing parts of the day. You can spend some time on the tub, relax your body while drinking some wine, and at the same time, rejuvenate your skin. Also, you can make your skin softer while taking a bath by adding some bath bombs on your bath. What are these? These are like alka-seltzers that are usually included in the bath to make the skin soft. You can actually make your own bath bombs and sell them to your friends and acquaintances as well.
Here are the steps on how to make a bath bomb:
Gather all the needed ingredients.
You will need:
- 8 ounces of baking soda
- 4 ounces of citric acid
- 4 ounces of corn starch
- 4 ounces of salt
- 3/4 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoon of a fragrance or essential oil
- 2.5 tablespoon of kernel or vegetable oil
- 1 or 2 drops of food coloring
Blend all the baking soda, the citric acid, the corn starch, and the salt in glass bowl. Make sure that you blend all the ingredients well for a fair and smooth bath bomb later on. On a separate jar, mix the water, the fragrance or the essential oil, the kernel or vegetable oil, and the food coloring.
Slowly add the liquid into the bowl of corn starch, baking soda, citric acid, and salt, and quickly whisk the liquid with the powder mixture. If foams are starting to form, it is only an indication that you are adding the liquid too fast. You should avoid these foams from forming. After adding all the liquid ingredients and after whisking them all together, you should already have slightly damp consistent mixture.
Mold the damp liquid mixture into a shape that you want. You may use a Christmas ornament that is designed to be filled with something. Or, you may use other hollow containers of any shape such as muffin molds, candy molds, and others. Your first mold may not be perfect, but do not be discouraged. You will eventually get it perfect with practice.
Unmold them and let them dry. Do this step carefully so as not to break the molded bath bombs. And make sure that they are complete dried. Once they are all dried, store them in an airtight container because high humidity may activate them.
How to Sell Bath Bombs:
1. Practice making such products until you are confident of the quality of your products. You may do several tests as well to make sure that your products are effective. You may only sell them if their quality is good.
2. Process all the needed documents for your business to be legal. You may need to acquire a business permit from your locality. Ask from the municipal office the other needed documents before you will be allowed to sell your bath bombs.
3. Pack your products individually on a creative design. You may need to personalize your own packaging for your customers or buyers to identify your products. Make your packaging simple yet attractive at the same time.
4. Set up your own online shop and advertise your products. There are several ways on how you can advertise your products. You can use the web, posts on the social networking sites, post on the bulletin boards on your neighborhood, and others. Make your advertisements as creative and attractive as possible.
5. Start selling your bath bombs. Get orders, and make some more bath bombs.
6. Monitor orders and make sure that you will deliver them on time. Also, record your sales, evaluate, and do the necessary actions to improve your business.
Get freebies, discounts, coaching for mom entrepreneurs at Cupcaketrainings.com