On Cleansing and Face Masks
We all know beautiful skin starts with a clean face, and a clean face starts with clean pores. Our face has the most delicate skin, which is the first line of defense against infection and harsh elements, be it from nature itself or from chemicals in cosmetics. Now, why should you use a face mask? Regular cleansing can remove surface dirt and grime, but only a facial mask will actually draw out impurities from beneath the top layers of the epidermis. By using a facial mask, you exfoliate dead skin cells and unclog pores so your other beauty products can work more effectively. Masks also help stimulate blood circulation and leave your skin feeling smoother and softer!
An avocado face mask can do wonders when it comes to deep cleaning your pores, preventing break-outs and brightening your skin tone. The best thing about this refreshing avocado face mask is that it is all natural, so unlike chemical-rich facial treatments, you don’t need to worry about break-outs or irritation following application or treatment.
The beauty of Avocado & Cucumber:
This amazing fruit is rich in Vitamins A, D, B, and E and contains more potassium than a banana! The potassium allows deep pore penetration as well as a smoothing, evening effect for the skin’s surface and texture, while the vitamins nourish the skin to protect against environmental damage and breakouts. Using avocado as a face mask provides a tightening effect, targeting wrinkles and smile lines, and leaving you with a more youthful complexion!
This recipe also includes cucumber which has a wonderful cooling effect on the skin. The cucumber makes this mask a special treat for the hot days of summer, or a wonderful refuge after a long day of sun exposure which can leave your skin dry or burnt.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. powdered milk
- Cup chopped avocado
- Cup chopped cucumber
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a blender until you create a thick paste. If after blending it is too runny, try adding slightly more powdered milk and blending again until it achieves the desired consistency.
2. While you can apply the mask immediately, you can also try refrigerating the mixture for 20 minutes first. This will add to the cooling, refreshing effect of the cucumber treatment.
3. After chilling, apply the mixture (only about 2 to 3 tbsp) to your face and neck with smooth circular motions, avoiding the delicate around-the-eye area.
4. Allow to sit for 30 minutes or until your feel the mixture begin to harden.
5. Remove by rinsing with cool water then pat dry.
6. Follow with toner and moisturizer as usual.
Use this treatment once a week for maximum results!